When you look back...

Saturday, July 7, 2012

I remember it like it was yesterday.  Living in Stephenville, TX as a college student.  I thought I had my life so together; I always told my friends I wanted to live my life with no regrets.  I never wanted to look back on my life and say, "I wish I would have...".  This was one of the driving factors in my desire to go to graduate school in PA.  Of course, I was scared to death to leave all I ever knew and I knew if I didn't get accepted or got accepted but was too scared to leave I would have a huge regret.

I look back and realize I was so self-absorbed that it's not even funny...well maybe a little funny ;)  Let me just put it out there...there are many things in my life I look back on and regret.  The problem with this is that I've let those regrets take a piece of my heart and transform itself into guilt and shame.  This guilt and shame is paralyzing.

I've got to get past this and truly accept God's gift of grace and forgiveness.  I've got to start with my relationship with my creator.  The one who knows me better then I know myself. 

This week he has given me a few verses that I want to share with you.

Isaiah 48:17 NIV
"This is what the Lord says—your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel: I am the Lord your God,
who teaches you what is best for you, who directs you in the way you should go."


Joshua 1:8-9 NIV
"Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful.9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go."

Hebrews 10:23 The Message Bible
"Let's keep a firm grip on the promises that keep us going. He always keeps his word."

1 Peter 1 13-16
"So roll up your sleeves, put your mind in gear, be totally ready to receive the gift that's coming when Jesus arrives. Don't lazily slip back into those old grooves of evil, doing just what you feel like doing. You didn't know any better then; you do now. As obedient children, let yourselves be pulled into a way of life shaped by God's life, a life energetic and blazing with holiness. God said, "I am holy; you be holy."

This week God has shown me I can't do anything without him.  How am I supposed to know how to live daily if I'm not reading in my creators manual (the Bible) daily? 

 


Every week will bring new challenges.  I'm thankful for the word I was given this week.  It's getting me one step closer to being who God created me to be.


I need to print off my declarations and post them in the bathroom where I see myself everyday and need to be reminded of how my Heavenly Father sees me.
*I am confident.
*I am disciplined spirit, soul and body.
*I am highly focused.
*I am creative.
*I am loved.
*I am highly favored with God and men.

I've been working out at least 3 times a week and I can't even begin to tell you how much stronger I feel.  I would say about 75% of the time I eat 1700 calories a day.  I haven't lost any weight which is a little discouraging but I'm not going to focus on the number on the scale.  I'm going to focus on the fact that I feel stronger and my mind is starting to become less foggy.  As my friend Kayla always reminds me, "Celebrate the small victories!!"

Looking forward to another great week and can't wait to see what the Lord shows me next week.  I can feel His spirit rising up in me, and the confidence I know I have will soon follow!!

Thank you for your prayers, encouragement, and being real enough to share your struggles too!  We will overcome!

Lotts of love,
Tiff 

1 comments:

Skubaliscious said...

Weigh (haha) to go on exercise and calories!!

Post a Comment